Friday, April 13, 2018

Positano

On Thursday we were supposed to do the Walk of the Gods, but it is closed due to a mudslide last November (which the Italian government has not started to repair).  This was supposed to be a highlight of the trip, but instead we were shuttled a bit, walked up to a viewpoint where we had lunch and then walked downhill into Positano, where we walked around this very trendy city with lots of touristy shops (and where our driver had to pay 100 Euro to park for a little over an hour) and then shuttled to our hotel in an old monastery just outside Sorrento.  I only took pictures of the approach to Positano.  Here are a few of them:











Dinner was at our hotel restaurant, La Scintilla (which I assume has something to do with scintillating), and was quite good.  They make a paccheri and seafood pasta that I have a very similar recipe for, and I was pleased to see that my version is quite respectable.  The baba au rhum was very boozy and a great ending to the meal.  Clearly my digestive troubles have resolved themselves.


No comments: