Friday, March 22, 2013

Typical day in my retirement life, so far

Thought I would share what my schedule was like for two days this week -- the variety of what I do surprised me (at least relative to my working life).

Wednesday:

 6:00 spin class
 8:30 meet with gardener over her desire to increase my water bill by adding thirsty plants
10:00 mediation practice
11:00 help friend install "words with friends" game on his phone
11:30 have last minute lunch with friend
 1:00 interview for volunteer position I am considering
 2:30 go to PyCon and work on mailman3 coding sprint till 9pm, including dinner

Thursday:
 5:30 get up, but discover my trainer can't make our 6am session, so do email
 7:00 bake banana bread
 9:30 workout with personal trainer
10:45 discover flood in yard, get gardener to come ASAP and fix irrigation (after I turn off the water)
      research where to get dry ice (I have to ship some frozen food)
12:00 another lunch with a friend (this one planned)
 1:30 communicate with fitbit support about my semi-broken pedometer (involved uploading pictures)
 3:00 gardening, mostly planting plants I bought last week
 5:00 take a walk in the neighborhood
 6:00 dinner, a little TV and email

Two very different, but very enjoyable days.  And today will be different from both of them (though it does include another lunch with friends).


 

No comments: