Tuesday, March 27, 2018

My new hat

Yes, we'll get back to the Brussels weekend, but first a short interruption to show you my new hat. I mentioned earlier that I had lost a knitted hat and was making myself a new one.  The original plan was to use some inexpensive yarn and a simple pattern and whip one up in a week or two, so I would have it for the trip (I have a hat with me, but it doesn't cover my ears, which has been an issue on the colder days.)  But I got my yarn and pattern at a yarn expo, where the newest, best and fanciest stuff is on display.  I was seduced by a very nice (especially that it looked attractive on me) yarn and hat pattern.  The yarn is amazingly soft, which made it a delight to knit up and it will be a delight to wear (though unless it is cold in London, I may not find out till next winter).  It took me the entire trip plus 2 weeks before we left, knitting 1-2 hours a day (except on our weekend vacations) to finish it, so it's far from a simple hat.  The pattern I chose is called the "Headbumps hat".

So with that lead up, here is the hat:


(It hasn't been blocked yet, so it looks a little misshapen around the edges)

And here I am wearing it:



I'm very happy with it.  Might even make another one, if I can find a yarn as nice as this one.

No comments: