Wednesday, February 13, 2013

New York Times crossword -- feh. Here's a Real Crossword

Someone posted this on their Google+ page: http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/201302/a_regular_crossword.html  (Thanks, Terri). Now, this is a crossword puzzle for techies.  (If you don't know what a regular expression is, this won't make any sense to you).  I've been too busy to solve much more than the obvious parts (and I haven't really figured out how to go around the hexagon; it's hard to read letters that are upside down).  But it's now on my todo list. It's more like a sudoku than a crossword puzzle, in the sense that you really have to do it in a single sitting -- each answer depends on several clues, so one clue may limit a cell to 3-4 letters and another clue also limits it, but they only have one overlapping letter.

Retiring is good for my social life.  The second of several retirement parties is tonight -- with people I was particularly connected to at work.  And lots of facebook friends have said "let's get together for coffee".  I think I have found most of my local friends who retired before me.

No comments: