Monday, February 18, 2013

News flash: Retirement is bad for your health

OK, I'm only kidding, but I wanted to explain my lack of posting.  The week before I retired, Mr. R-T came home from a business trip with a cold that eventually turned into flu like symptoms.  He's been home from work most of the last two weeks (every time he goes back, he suffers a relapse) and of course, he has passed his germs on to me.  That means that since I retired, I have been either taking care of a sick adult (not particularly high on the "delightful activities" scale) or feeling under the weather (or both).

This was not part of my vision for my retirement.  Of course, there will be 'sick days' (that term has new meaning to me now), but I wasn't planning to start my retirement that way -- in fact, if I had worked another week, I could have gotten paid for this misery :-).  Let me use this as my excuse for a) not posting much and b) for the lack of humor in my posts.  I just don't have enough brain cells for it.

We both have serious hacking coughs, but most of the other symptoms are gone.  Last night we were a veritable symphony in bed -- when one of us would get the coughing under control, the other would start up.  Perhaps I should have recorded us; hit records have been made from less. I'm hoping that I'll feel a bit better soon and can take on some of the retirement topics that I've been ruminating on for months.

1 comment:

Katy Dickinson said...

Hope you both feel better soon! John and I had the same respiratory flu a few weeks ago - I got well enough to go on my trip to Jordan and Lebanon (Katysblog.wordpress.com for pictures!) - but John's turned into sinusitis. Nasty stuff! He is well now, finally. - Katy