Friday, October 7, 2016

Off to Helsinki


We are off to visit the German Ambassador to Finland for the weekend.  Here is, I believe, (not having seen it yet), a picture of the Embassy and the ambassadorial residence.



Right on the water -- it should be lovely.

Why are we going there, you ask?  Well, we've never been to Finland is an obvious reason.  But the answer you are looking for is that the current German Ambassador  (Botschafterin -- it's a she) was an exchange student in my family's home in rural Iowa many, many years ago.  She is still in touch with my family, and I got in touch when we started visiting Germany.  She has invited us to visit her and her husband in Finland several times, but this is the first time we have been able to fit it into our schedule.

So we are off this evening, to return Tuesday.  I probably won't find time to blog about the visit till my return.

No comments: