Friday, October 14, 2016

Starting a vacation off on the right foot.

It's been an interesting beginning to our vacation.  So far today:

  - our flight to Venice was delayed by 3 hours
  - we arrived in a pouring rain storm and had to walk about half a mile to the water taxi and our pants and shoes got totally drenched
  - we learned that Jay's suitcase is not waterproof (maybe I should take a picture of all the stuff draped over furniture in our room)
  - we managed to find mediocre food in Italy; perhaps the first bad meal I have ever had in this country.

I had forgotten how curly my hair gets in really wet weather. I have ringlets.  Really.

I suppose the saving grace is that it can't possibly be worse tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to see the ringlets.

Robin said...

In your dreams, Barbara. First, it's too late. Second, ringlets are not an attractive feature on me. I don't need a picture of me like that pasted all over the internet. Just think of how curly Courtney's hair was when she was little and double it.